High end my butt!!My husband, I and my daughter went into Oakbrook Godiva Boutique right as it opened about 3 weeks ago.
They had a sample tray out on the counter so we all tried a piece. The RUDE employee from behind the counter snatches up the tray and takes it and gives us a dirty look as if to say "No more for you!". Like really, we have manners and would never take more than a piece. So I asked out loud to my husband "Did he really take that off the counter as if we were going to eat the whole tray?" And he is like "He sure did".
I had hoped the rude employee would have said "Oh no, I am adding some more to the tray" or something/anything to reassure me that he hadn't done that just to be a jack ***. But nope he went on chatting to his fellow employee and ignoring us. We were horrified to say the least. After it bothering me the whole day and my husband who is the sweetest person you will ever meet saying he felt like he was treated like *** in the store that morning, I decided to email customer care at Godiva.
If he could care less in the store there was no reason to take it up with the employee, I had already given him a chance to get out of his rudeness. So they reply and ask for my personal information which I thought was weird but I gave them my info. Then I hear nothing. I wanted to know someone had talked to this rude employee and let him know his customers are the reason he even has a job.
If we don't buy, no more store, no more job. So I reply back to the orignal person who emailed me and she says she is passing it to the district supervisor and they will take it from there. They didn't. They don't care either.
So after a week, I email again. I posted on their facebook wall as well. Monday morning a lady at Corporate customer care calls and apologizes and says they take complaints serious and then proceeds to say "We will be sending you the apology gift you requested". UM, WHAT?
Godiva is the kings and queens of passive agressive. Now I know where the employee got his tasteless actions. Now I am furious but I say nothing. I didn't request anything, I wanted the employee to know bad behavior is noticed and not tolerated and that's it and wanted someone to tell me that had been done.
Never once in my emails did I say I wanted a gift. So at this point I see the company thinks people want stuff for free if they complain not that anything would ever be wrong. Fast forward a couple weeks, no gift. Like you are seriously going to say I asked for something, as if I haven't been insulted enough by your company and then say you will send something and then not.
(oh yeah, and as I was talking to her she commented how my emails were intelligent. Who says that? Does she think I am uneducated....more passive agressive ***. I am educated with a great job, thank you very much).
Well I post on facebook that I haven't received anything a bunch of times. Cause now you will send me something, a card, I don't care, anything. Finally after facebook and twitter posts I get a tracking # and my "gift" arrives. It was the most horrible mini box of chocolates ever.
Godiva must not be doing very well. So there you have it. I took my *** box of chocolates or lack thereof and threw them away so fast....and it felt good.
No Godiva ever again.Horrible mean company.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Retail Store
- Review category
- Food Manufacturers
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "We bought a few boxes of Whitman Samplers with holiday seasonal gift wrap at Rite Aid back in November. We had one box leftover from giving Whitman Sampler boxes to..."
- "Bought a can of family size Great Value chicken noodle soup. Found larvae when attempting to eat. The fine folks at Wal-Mart were contacted but couldn't be burdened with a..."
- "Donald Holmes 2713 Ave D (off hwy3) Dickinson, Texas 77539 firstname.lastname@example.org I buy some of the Chip Ahoy Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookie. When I opened the bag. I immediately noticed cookies missing and 2..."
- "Earlier this year I have hired David Grgurich of The Home Handyman Co located in Concord, Ohio, to install two security storm doors in my place. Mr Grgurich suggested..."
- "There are a million fake profiles, and singlesnet is totally dominated by women and men from ghana pretending to be women. It had to be the biggest legal rip-off besides..."
- "On Oct. 29, I ate at Bob Evans St. Clairsville. The plate had old dried up food on it and the turkey had a little bitter taste to it. I..."
- "I drove over 8 miles just because my kids wanted Steak & Shake. We arrived around 9:30 PM so there were hardly any people in the restaurant and those that..."
- "My ferret went in to get his teeth cleaned and a tooth pulled, and never came out. The Doctor kept saying it was because of his age. It was because..."
- "The Bedside Assist Rail I bought from Drive Medical via e-bay was advertised as new. The picture on eBay shows clean white rails. However, the item I received has brown..."