2.8
Additional Fees

When I visited Godiva.com the company presented a large graphic banner that said, plainly, that I would receive 10% off my next order if I provide my email address in the box provided and click Submit and then use the promo code given.That's exactly what I did.

But the 10% offer was a total lie. When I provided it at check-out, the site said it was invalid. I even confirmed that I logged in using the same email address I had registered. When I called to discuss the offer with a Godiva company supervisor, they said they didn't know the details of that offer was and suggested that maybe the offer didn't apply to any discounted products...

They admitted that they were just guessing, however. (Nothing on the 10%-off banner suggested that there were any exclusions of any kind.) Given that Godiva was sued in class-action manner for printing too much credit-card detail on customer receipts at retail locations, I should think the company would be extra careful to do right by the customer. I wasn't going to write this, but the company kept asking me to post my feedback on my last purchase.

When I tried to post this feedback on the Godiva.com site, my review was removed.So I'm posting here instead.

Review about: Godiva Deal.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Being deceived by a bait-and-switch pricing strategy.

Comments